Saturday, May 31, 2014

Tonight I am feeling exhausted. Who knew May was so demanding? The kids have had so many activities between dance recitals, baseball for Brant, piano lessons, Brant's field trip & field day, Brylin's school talent show, 4-H and getting the lambs ready for stock show, as well as Tycee and Channa both having double ear infections. Brant has also been struggling with a cold. However, all this and a messy house does not an unhappy Mom make! I have thoroughly enjoyed our kids and all their activities. Like Brant said when we finished his field trip, I asked if he had fun and he said yes. I asked his favorite part and he answered that he liked Petco but he mostly likde that I would spend time with him. Time. I am so grateful that I am able to spend so much time with our kids. I know I can never get this time in life back and the investing time in them now will make all the difference to them. Bryce has also been better about humoring my ideas for fun. My favorite was the egg launch and campfire but a close second was fishing at Matt Warner last Saturday. How blessed we are to have such wonderful children! How blessed I am to have a loving husband. We are at an interesting stage in life and for some reason it takes us this long to figure some things out. I never realized how deeply the impact that the examples of poor marriages had on me. Between my parents' miserable marriage and challenges they have both faced in their subsequent marriages, I was wired to be cynical about love. I feel like a slab of cement that has had water seeping slowly into it's cracks, beginning to erode the cynicism. How wonderful it feels to believe in our life, our family.

No comments: