I have discovered that working from home isn't always all it is cracked up to be. Along with the pressures of maintaining our home, I always have a pile of paperwork waiting for me. My attention is always in demand and I never feel like I am doing anything well. How I wish I had taken more time to document the simple, wonderful memories of our ordinary days! I can hardly believe our Tycee is already 8 months old! So many details I know I have already forgotten!
She has a very sensitive, calm, sweet personality. When she was brand new if you even talked loud around her it would startle her and make her cry! Now she is so cute when she is shy, tucking her head to the side and then looking back at you with dancing eyes and a sweet smile. She is playful and silly too. She loves music, especially sitting with her Dad while he plays songs on his tablet. She will start kicking her feet and moving her body whenever she likes a song. She has also started shaking her head no to dance or to get us to play with her. She loves to do it back and forth, smiling the whole time. She will also mimic me "yelling" at her. She says "hi" or copies "I love you" with "A La La!" {I know that sounds crazy but anyone who hears her knows exactly what she is doing!} She loves to kick and hear her feet pound. She is also a paper hound, she even swallowed a bit today before I could get it out of her mouth! She can roll all over and even army crawl but she would rather be held. She eats cheerios, fruit, oatmeal, a few vegetables, and whatever else we are eating and she begs a taste of! She sleeps well in her own bed but still gets up at night to eat, which means a tired Mom! She is such a Mama's girl but I wouldn't have it any other way!
I love my days with Channa! When did she get so big! She is such a sassy pants and usually absolutely refuses to do anything we tell her to. She hates her hair brushed, I finally cut 4 inches off the other night because she would throw such a massive fit when we brushed it. She is still a tornado, gets into everything, and knows no boundaries. Hmmm....I am pretty sure all of these traits are symptoms of us spoiling her! She can get about anything she wants she is so darn adorable. She does not love to wear her glasses and will always ask me to take a break. She loves to play with my hair. Lately she has been whispering in my ear things like "You are a good girl. I love you." She has learned to always say she is Mom and Dad's girl. If you tease and say "Naaa I don't like you." She will say "You love me!?!" She likes to fold laundry with me but usually doesn't do much folding. She was really resistant to learning her letters but with the help of Paisley and Nancy, her preschool/daycare teacher, she is finally getting excited about learning! Whew! She does love to draw, I loved it when I discovered her anatomically correct pictures. Nothing gets by her! She loves to create crazy things like a paperclip necklace with dots of paper from the hole punch taped to each paper clip, she uses her patience selectively but she does have it. She loves to play with Brant in the mornings but they still often fight over toys. She still loves Playdoh and actually plays with it now instead of crumbling it everywhere! Channa is a smart girl with a good memory, she often surprises me with things she knows and remembers. She is my finder, if you are missing something she can often tell you where it is or go get it for you. I love her cute giggle, hugs, and craziness. I am so sad to even think how soon she will go to school.
Brant is quickly becoming one of the big kids but still finds himself acting like my little guy.

No comments:
Post a Comment