Tuesday, January 24, 2012

{our own wintersong}


Winter has finally arrived! As Bryce was texting me from work that it was snowing, I was cheering and yelling for the kids to come see! They all lined up on the couch and ooed and ahhhed over the tiny white flakes floating softly to the ground! I had them cheer for me just to show how excited we really were!
  

...Brylin asked and begged and pleaded to go outside and shovel the walks...I had to make her wait until their was actually enough snow to shovel...


...Brant immediatley started whining that he didn't have a shovel...


...Paisley probably wanted the shovel too but when Brylin didn't hand it over she went about finding her own way to clear the walks...


...Channa wasn't too sure about the whole adventure! I didn't have the camera with me the few times she decided to cautiously grab a handful of snow or when the dogs toppled her to the ground and rubbed her face in it...


...the kids had the obligatory snowball fight, which doesn't last long when you don't wear your gloves...


...more snowballs...


...the highlight was Bryce getting Maggie out to pull the kids around on the sled. He thought he was going to die after running with them four whole blocks. I probably only would have made it two...


...Channa was NOT excited about the sledding. She does love it on the hills though. I think it might of had something to do with being that close to one of the dogs that just pushed her nose in the snow. She is like me, doesn't forget quite so quickly....


...we were so excited to finally have snow wet enough for a real snowman! Obviously we didn't rake leaves this fall because he was a dirty fellow. Brylin named him pigsty. Paisley rolled the bottom by herself. Brylin rolled half the middle and most of the head. I think this was the first time they have built a snowman just rolling instead of having to pack the snow into shape...


...such cute kids...even if they scattered my gloves while getting their winter gear and I couldn't find them until after the whole outdoor adventure! Grrr!

No comments: