What happens when a four year old plays with your phone
I think...I am not sure that I have actually found myself. Still working on that. I am also learning you never really find your old self after becoming a wife and mother, you are actually discovering the new, in may ways better, you.
I will have you know I've blogged a million posts in the moments of life. However, we are still living primitively in todays world waiting for a house that we like AND can afford to magically appear. No tv. No internet. No diswasher. No air conditioning. It's amazing that we ever had time for technology.
Can someone please contact who ever runs the supernal clock and let them know it is ticking too fast!? We have had a wonderful summer but can it really be August?
I have loved watching Brylin and Paisley as best friends all day long, with the exception of regularly playing referee to meaningless squables over imaginery distress! I am predicting they will miss each other immensely when school starts. Barbies, Pollies, Little Pet Shop, and most recently Uno have provided endless hours of entertainment!
Brant is in the most adorable terrible two stage. I honestly believe two year olds with their conversation skills and developing coordination are incredibly adorable; however, their capacity to create disaster is vastly increased. Removing poopy diapers scattering the diaper and its contents throughout the house, huge shampoo bottles splashing in the toilet, and painting the carpet with butter are very few of the adventures we've had. He has learned to say "MOMMY" when you say "I love my..." so I've forgiven him of all previous misdeeds.
Bryce is still ridding the pet population of Vernal of disease and pestilence. He is actually loving his job. How nice it is to know he leaves for work glad to go and returns exhaused but fulfilled (if not financially, emotionally...the financial part will come after the student loans disappear, if anyone knows the right potion or spell for that please share). Watching Bryce discover where he wants to spend the bulk of his life's work has been rewarding for me. He went back to his childhood dream and found exactly what he was looking for.
As for me, I've worked three different jobs this summer and dragging the kids to swimming lessons, dance class, and free lunch are not included in the list. I spent June editing a PhD dissertation that is now a book. I helped my parents put their business on quick books. And, my real job is still doing billing for my brothers parts store. While I have ran myself ragged, we have are making our bills and feel grateful to have the work.
Right now I am in SL at families headed school clothes shopping. I am making no guarantees of when you will see me again...I do promise to be back. I miss you.
Friday, August 07, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
We miss you! I saw your name on Facebook the other day, but it was Bryce! Did he tell you I said hello. It was kinda funny. Glad to know you are doing well. Can't wait to have you back full time!
IT's good to see you again! Was wondering where you went! Glad you're still alive and thriving!
So happy to provide you with a venue to post to your blog. Love having you can't wait til you have a beautiful home we can come to visit as well!
i have missed your thoughts and stories. editing a dissertation doesn't surprise me -- you have such a way with the written word. i am delighted to hear the joys of your family and still sad that you are not my neighbor...relatively speaking. here in the blogging world we are as close as we can get : )
Sounds like things are good. I miss seeing pic of your kids.
so glad you stopped by to say hello. i'm glad for the update!
I am so glad to see an entry. It sounds like you guys are doing awesome. We really miss you, but love catching up with you through the blog. Wow - what you have accomplished this summer makes me look like a slacker. I better get busy. Lots of Love.
Glad you were able to update. We've missed you. I hope things calm down for you once school starts.
I know you don't get to blog much but I gave you an award any way. Check it out on my blog!
That was a beautiful post about the older us...and it's so true. Nice outlook lil lady:)
How is vernal? Crazy you guys are in Utah. I am just catching up on blogs, I have been out of it forever! I can't believe how fast your kids are growing! FUN, FUN! Jace said that Clayton saw and talked with Bryce at CE. Give us a jingle if you are ever down here, we would love to see you.
I'm so glad you are still out there somewhere!!! I've missed reading your posts!! We miss you guys!! Tell everyone hi!!
Post a Comment