Thursday, March 26, 2009

What I love about...

...Brant...

...the way you pat me and say with a sparkle in your eye "MaMa" as if to introduce me to all those we meet...

...when you find me random times throughout the day, throw open your arms and say, "Hug"...
...that you love animals as much as your daddy and the way you say all their sounds (meow meow, neigh, rrrarrrooo, sssss, wuff, snort, baaaa)...
..."horse"..."goggy"..."daddy"..."sissy"..."treat"...are your favorite words...
...the way you waddle when you run...
...that you love to snuggle before bedtime and say "bum bum bum" because we play josh groban's christmas CD and the bah rump a bum bum is your favorite part...
...the lack of eating vegetables and the obsession with "go go go go go" (aka Dora & Diego) is a little less my favorite but cute...
...that your hips are tickilish...
...that you will play with your sisters toys but always pick things with masculinity, like boy barbies, polly cars, and the animals...
...the way you look for your Daddy if he isn't here...
...Paisley...
...your sassy attitude and the funny things you say like "you're not the only boss around here" or "who you calling the vet? you know the one who sees the animals" or "I look whit-i-licious (referring to her white Sunday dress)"...
...the way you love to snuggle...
...all the beautiful drawings you create and how much you desire to learn to read and write...
...that your shoes are rarely on the right feet the first time and you haven't figured out how to match your clothes...
...your mothering nature, even if it feels smothering to Brant at times...
...how you create comfy beds for everyone and all your animals each day, even if I yell about the couches and floors being covered with blankets and toys...
...how much you love your brother and sister, except when you tell me I'm not fun because you miss sister while she is at school...
...the way you dress up each day like a ballerina princess...
...your loud, ferocious roar, you're nickname wasn't siren as a toddler for nothing...
...Brylin...
...the many things you teach me, like shrimp cleaning eels teeth and birds cleaning crocodiles teeth...
...that you are so smart and obsessed with learning and reading...
...that you can't sit by Keaton in school anymore because all you do is talk, glad you are so friendly and social...
...the times you snuggle up to me in bed or sneak a hug while I am doing dishes...
...how excited you are to visit family and friends...
...your desire to help when we are doing projects inside or outside...
...the things you teach Brant and Paisley...
...the way you love to laugh and have fun and can quote various lines from most movies word for word...
...how responsible you are about things like wearing your patch and taking your medicine...
...that you always have an idea brewing in your head about an invention or some other creative creation..
...that you want to be a dolphin trainer when you grow up, about that learning to swim thing...
...Bryce...
...your charming good looks and that you smell good, unless you've been at work and then you often smell like poop...
...that you sleep next to me all night and not just because I would freeze to death if you didn't...
...how devoted you are to your work and the people you work with...
...that you don't watch sports on tv but always seem to know enough about them to have a conversation with the guys...
...when you belt songs and do crazy dances...
...i love your natural mohawk after a good nights sleep...
...you still love me even if I can beat you up when we kung fu fight or when I kick you in the chins or pinch the back of your arm or bite until my teeth touch or pull the hair on the back of your neck...
...that you always solve my problems...
...that you love our family as much as i do...
...that you often have your nose in a book...
...you aren't always up for family adventures, but you have fun once we embark...
...how much you love to cook...
...you are proud of who you are and where you come from...
...that you make me happy...
...that you are a genuinely good man who believes in God and respects women...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your little boy looks so much like you. He is darling!! Such a cute bunch of kiddos you've got!

the Tonioli's said...

That was seriously one of the sweetest things that I have ever heard/read! I absolutely love you're family. They are so cute and you are the best mom. I admire you so much!!

Sarah said...

Sweetest post ever.

Rhett and Tiffanie Jackson said...

Hi candice...it is me...blog lurking and found you - not from brandies blog! lol! just wanted you to know I posted a picture of you from the retreat! it was a cute one! just all scrapped out~for sure. It was fun to see you. later gater!

Kristi Nelson said...

I love the things you say about your family, it really makes you think about how lucky we are and grateful we should be.

Sarah said...

Miss your posting. I hope you guys are doing ok.

Jason and Katy Edwards said...

I love this! IT seems to fill the emptiness left by way too long being apart! We love you all and are so glad you are doing well in Vernal. If you are ever down this way, PLEASE give us a call. We'd love to see you.

Jason and Katy Edwards said...

I love this! IT seems to fill the emptiness left by way too long being apart! We love you all and are so glad you are doing well in Vernal. If you are ever down this way, PLEASE give us a call. We'd love to see you.