Thursday, February 12, 2009

That's How You Know

...it's time for a vacation.
I usually end up eating breakfast alone.
Bryce is at work.
Brylin safely at school.
Paisley playing.
Brant making messes until he spots me with food, then he shares with me.
Sometimes, like today, I make it to my breakfast before Paisley asks me for a snack.
My oatmeal container is empty so I opted for cold cereal.
Ten seconds later Paisley asks me for a snack, which was difficult consider it's pay day tomorrow and we are on a budget, mother hubbards cupboard is bare.
I scrounged up some marshmallows and the remains of what once was crackers.
Grabbed a clean sippy, filled it with the last of the apple juice.
Get Paisley a cup, open the fridge, and...no milk.
Check the counter...no milk.
Check the table...no milk.
Look on top of the fridge next to our last, half empty box of cereal...the milk.
For the first time I was grateful my four year old needed a snack.
That milk has to get us through til tomorrow you know.

3 comments:

Megan Guymon said...

I agree about the boxes...we had so much fun decorating shoe boxes at school. Now days that just doesn't happen! Hope you have a very happy valentine's day and that you got a few snacks to fill those little tummies!

McKelle said...

That's funny! Good thing you found it before it went bad!!

Crazy Copleys said...

O Candace you are so great! I love this post and the love letter to Brylin! You guys are so great and I miss seeing you all the time!