Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Love-Day-Plan

My sister in law just posted about the work of Valentine's Day...while I agree, I can't deny the tinglings of excitement stirring around our house and I am as bad as the little people. I only wish Brylin's teacher would let them bring Valentine's boxes instead of passing out bags (hellllooo, like there isn't a lack of art in school as it is). Last Sunday we wrote all our valentines...mailed a few to cousins on Monday...stapled M&M's to the rest and set them aside for the school party and kicking doors on Saturday. How fun it is to give! Now, I've been concocting a plan in my mind all day. Yesterday on Good Things Utah they showed Papa Murphy's heart shaped pizza, since we aren't graced with one here we are going to make our own. I have a huge heart cookie cuter for the kids to each make their own for our Valentine's dinner. We like alfredo on our pizza and I think I'll add a little red to make it festive. On the side, salad with a pink hue of ranch dressing. Rasberry jello with marionberries and cream (we do reside in the jello capitol of the universe). For dessert, banana cream pie with pink whipped topping. Mmmmm. A part of me thinks I should make something chocolate but my kids love pudding pies, so pie it is. To top it all off, buttermilk sugar cookies with cream cheese frosting all weekend long (stop counting the calories)! Now I challenge you to get excited and find your own fun on Valentines! Happy Love Day! Did I mention a babysitter is scheduled for Friday night...OH THE JOY OF LOVE DAY!

Will you be mine?

1 comment:

bhblood said...

Wow- you are motivated!! The boys got their valentines in the mail yesterday- they were SO excited! Camden carried his around the house all afternoon! Have a wonderful love day- and enjoy your date! You deserve it!!