Monday, December 29, 2008

UTAH
it's good to be *home*
(even if you are rather chilly)
Shopping List:
Snow Boots
Snow Gloves
Undershirts
Yarn for hats + scarves
Snow Shovel
Salt for Sidewalks
Flannel Sheets
Sled
Any other suggestions for us out-of-practice and
unseasoned residents of winter wonderland?
P.S. A HUGE thank you to family and friends who watched our kids while we packed, sent us with travel gifts for the car, packed boxes, drove many miles to retrieve us, loaned us trailors, loaded and unloaded and loaded and unloaded and loaded and unloaded, cleaned our filth, fed us, housed us, and even those who called to see if we were surviving, we love and appreciate your invaluable support. We had a wonderful Christmas and a bumpy but successful move.
All is well that ends well.

11 comments:

Doty Family said...

Glad you made it. I don't envy you having to move with 3 kids in tow. Will miss your updates and comments :(. Good luck!

Jason and Katy Edwards said...

Yeah! The move is behind you! Now the unpacking begins! Ugh. Glad it all went smoothly... and so sad, by the way, that your blog will be post-less for awhile. I was just getting used to the frequent updates! I guess the only thing better than reading about your family would be seeing your family! I think since you'll be so close now, we ought to meet somewhere in the middle, and spend an afternoon together! My girls would just love to play with your kids. And, I think I need to hold that little man of yours for a minute! Anyway, when you have had time to breathe, and settle in, and are ready for a small day trip, give me a call! Love to all!

jzigg7 said...

dont forget the good hot cup of hot chocolete when everything is done so that you can relax. But if everything is not done drink the hot chocolete and it will still make your day.

brett said...

Don't forget a window scraper so you don't have to use your credit cards! We are glad to know that you got there safely.

Shy said...

Thank you for your advice and friendship :) Little Fletcher was a pretty sad little thing. He had his shot, but I guess he was in that window of suseptablity still and there wasn't much we could do for him once we figured out that was what he had. The vet that looked at him said there wasn't much we could do either. Poor guy. We figure we'll get another pooch everntually, but we are going to wait for at least 6 months to make sure there is no more parvo in our home even though we disinfected it pretty well..... How long does Bryce think it lasts in a home???

Jennifer Pfaff said...

We miss you already! I hope everything went well! Keep in touch!

Jennifer Pfaff said...

We miss you already! I hope everything went well! Keep in touch!

Dave and Kelsee said...

I don't know where i've been but I didn't even know you were moving to Utah. Where are you living? I hope you guys had a great Christmas! Thanks for the comments. They always make me smile!

Anonymous said...

maybe an electric blanket... or a rolled up blanket to put in front of drafty doors? oh and need not forget HOT CHOCOLATE and MARSHMELLOWS!!! Nothing better to warm cold kiddo's!! :)

Glad you made your journey!!!

Sarah said...

I will miss your writing and cute pictures. Email me your new contact info at the usuheinerfam address!

Cates Family said...

YAY!! I'm glad to hear things went well. Hope we get to see more of you now!!