Saturday, December 06, 2008

Happy Holidays

As a lover of all holidays I don't mind Christmas decor appearing in stores mid October, O Holy Night is playing in our house by then too. However, I don't want to dismiss one of our favorites and this morning realized I didn't acknowledge our day of feast and thanks. Okay, so may be I am avoiding working on the labels for our Christmas cards but we did have a great Thanksgiving and I do want to share... ********************************************* On the Friday before Thanksgiving we left Brant with a sitter and visited Brylin's school for the first grade program. She never disappoints with her excited waves and sweet smiles, she also added a new entertaining element... When she stood up to say her part "a leader came to america" she closed her eyes! When I asked her why, she said, "because there was so many people and I didn't want to see them." Gobble, gobble, gobble She loves Mrs. Lonon! We are so sad to leave her. Both sisters were glad Paisley came to visit Brylin's school. ********************************************* The drive to Price is 11 hours so we broke it up by staying Tuesday night at the Tripletts in St. George. We drove in rain all day Wednesday and the last 20 miles in the worse snow storm I've ever driven in as well as traffic. Bryce and I were in seperate vehicles and Brylin asked me "Mom are you scared?" What do you say? I was scared to death so I told her I was and she prayed for us. What a sweet girl! We had dinner with my Dad's family that evening... My dad carving the turkey The cousins with orange punch faces Grandma Kathy and the girls D'Shelle is almost 40 and still has the energy of a teenager, good thing she found Matt to keep up with her! ******************************************** One of the benefits of having my dad and Bryce's parents in the same town is TWO Thanksgiving dinners! We ate with Bryce's family Thursday afternoon... Grandma Jackie has probably sewn as many clothes as she has purchased in her life and all the granddaughters have a blast playing dress ups! Our cute cousin Kayton
Um, num, num, num.
A man who is willing to cook only because he loves to eat the feast.
Brylin and Dalton
My in laws Kerry, Jackie, and Bryce's younger sister Brook
My turkey carver, he has many talents
Bryce's older sister Brandie and Jackie
Paisley's purple dress up
He is so darn cute
Bryce serving his grandparents fried turkey
Jeff being crazy, I have a smiling picture but this one is too funny
Brook and Rich aka Uncle Rico
After dinner the kids wanted to play outside, I wanted to go take pictures of them until I realized there was a misting rain. It didn't stop them so I took a few from the living room window. How wonderful is it to be so carefree?
*********************************************
Who cares how many pictures I post, it is my blog right? Here are a few more snaps from the weekend. I promise I have many I didn't share...
Sisters = Best Friends
Our daddy and Chocolate = A happy Brant
I love the innocent face considering...
...the proof I was there dealing with...
...this, notice the new molars peeking through!
Partners in crime
Isn't he handsome?
Brant and Brylin have a unique bond. He loves to play with her through windows and I love this picture! I also love the huge hugs he gives her when we pick her up from school, Paisley doesn't love them quite so much, a little jealous after she spent all day trying to get him to hug her back.
A Grandpa's job is hard
The Blood grandkids at the "Christmas Party." We had fun but it wasn't really what was planned because Grandma Jackie spent the night with her head in the toilet losing her lunch. Poor Grandma!
Okay, these happened a few days after the weekend, but they techinically should have been part of the weekend. I had sooo much help putting up the tree and they were actually better at it than me.
Laying under the tree looking at the lights while mom finished.
They are so fun and beautiful.

10 comments:

Doty Family said...

What a beautiful family you have!! Looks like you all had a great time.

Katie Dotson said...

Hey it's Katie again. I was just talking to my friend Michelle and they are going to be renting a 3bed 2 1/2 bath brand new place in Vernal real soon. If you are interested go to my blog and then down to her blog on my fave blogs. It is under Spencer and Michelle.

Sarah said...

Great pictures! I forgot all of the ones I was going to comment on! lol It looks like a fun trip and .. oh, yeah - Brylin's program looked like fun - she's a beauty!

Brandie said...

What great pictures. I will be sure to have Jeff look he will get a kick out of that shot! He is so crazy. I am glad you captured that we don't see that much during football season. Miss you already can't wait until after Christmas!!

Kristi Rowley said...

I haven't seen your dad in sooo long. That was fun seeing a picture of him. What a fun Thanksgiving....with all the family.

Jason and Katy Edwards said...

How precious are they? Seriously. The whole eyes squeezed shut tight is quite possible the cutest thing I have ever heard! Brylin is getting so grown up. Paisley just looks like an angel all the time, and I can't believe how big Brant is. his hair is so much lighter than when I saw him last... (at his blessing...) I'm so glad you had a great Thanksgiving in Price, and I, personally, LOVE the pictures! The more the better. Now we just need some of you! Bryce is looking great, and happy! We need to set up a get together when you're back in Utah. Best of luck with the move! Can't wait to see you all... Happy holidays!

David Mackey said...

Do not worry about how many pictures you have....they are darn cute!!! Your kids are adorable! I am going to miss you guy. :(

The 4 of us! said...

looks like you guys were crowded!! we missed you all for thanks giving, but all of us at g&g bloods would have been a tight squeeze

McKelle said...

What a fun time! I do not miss the cold up there. So sad that you're leaving! When is your departure date?

The Geiser Family said...

I can't help but feel the excitement in your "voice". The one that is almost there. The one that will be exactly where you need to be... Although, I am quite sure that you are happy wherever you are.