Thursday, December 04, 2008

Christmas Quiz

I had another post in mind but I decided to save it for another day and respond to this email Mandy sent, I thought it was a fun twist on the same old TAG... 1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I am not opposed to gift bags but the sound of ripping paper is classic, I love the mess after a morning of opening. 2. Real tree or Artificial? As a child we always had real trees but I also use to pass out and feel sick at Christmas. Real trees equal allergies around here so we have a beautiful fakey. (I should add that I also have nightmares of our house burning down.) 3. When do you put up the tree? I would love to have the tradition of setting it up the weekend of Thanksgiving but the last few years have been crazy with travelling... 4. When do you take the tree down? This year we are moving 2 days after Christmas so I will feel blessed if it makes it through Christmas day. Last year we set it up later because of our trip to Utah so I made Bryce let me leave it up until my birthday. Next year, we'll see what happens. 5. Do you like eggnog? No thank you but I watched Martha make some slammin' eggnog at midnight a couple days ago, that is if you want to be an alcoholic. 6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hmmm...my mom always had us make lists for Santa and we usually received most things we listed...I do remember a sleeping bag, crayons that were bubble gum, a Maxi barbie doll, a cabbage patch doll, and a big teddy bear. I always wanted ice skates but we didn't have a place to use them, we are moving to a town with an indoor skating rink, how awesome is that? 7. Hardest person to buy for? I love shopping for others unless it seems like they already have everything. I have a harder time thinking of things to put on my list. 8. Easiest person to buy for? Bryce 9. Do you have a nativity scene? I get one every year, usually they are small, but I love them, especially carved wood 10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Both. 11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Bryce gave me a bottle of flowery perfume the first year we were married. I really don't like perfume and took it back. 12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Polar Express and Charlie Brown's Christmas Special, I do laugh at the Elf commercial lately when he yells "SAAAANNNNTAAAA" 13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? This year we had 80% done mid November. 14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I think I receieved a bunch of candles at a Christmas party a few years back and gave them to my visiting teaching sisters. 15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Pretzels, smooshed oreos and cream cheese, and homemade caramel all dipped in chocolate. Pumpkin roll, sugar cookies, pecan logs, broken glass jello salad. Sugar=Christmas JOY. 16. Lights on the tree? Last year we switched from colored to white and I love it! 17. Favorite Christmas song? Do you seriously want me to choose, impossible.. 18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? HOME! 19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? I know what the song says but at our house Bryce pulls the sleigh and foots the bill. 20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star, I really want a new one that is rusted metal. 21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Both our families had the tradition of one on Christmas eve, we like to give our kids pajamas or sheets. 22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Scrooges. 23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I like a combination of rustic and sparkly, this year I bought all red nonbreakable bulbs. Our kids also get a new ornament every year. 24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? One spent with my family...it doesn't matter what we eat. 25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Bryce...and a new house.

3 comments:

Cally said...

Moving? Where? I had no idea. I laughed at your comment on my blog. I knew you'd like my post. :)

Doty Family said...

Cute Post Idea! I might borrow it next week, when my life calms down a little. How excited are you getting to be back in gool ole' Utah?

Katie Dotson said...

Hey this is Katie, Sal's sis. Thanks for the number and stuff on that place. we actually just moved into a place in a tiny town about 30 minutes from Vernal.

So when are you moving to Vernal? It's a nice area! I like it up here. If you haven't moved yet let me know when you will be moving in and my husband and I would love to help you if you need to help. Do you have family here?

Anyway... Let me know if you want or need the help moving in. And if you haven't found a place yet I have a couple number for places in Roosevelt. It's farther away but it's a real nice little town and one of the places is a rent to own in some new townhomes.