Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Mystery Diagnosis

I think I am ill. Seriously ill. My symptoms are dramatic and puzzling. I was doing dishes today and my very sweet husband had recently responded to my dramatic whining and pleading by baking a large pan of gooey dark chocolate walnut brownies. The pan was gone except one small, delightful little brownie and I had just enough room for the pan in the dishwasher. The symptom of my illness? I did not feel like eating it. No amount of willpower could make me make it sound good. What is wrong with me?! I am fairly certain (I think the package says 95% or something like that) no new bundles of joy are in the oven and that is the only time this has ever happened to me. May be it is my raging allergies in the desert winter. Or may be it is the flu that has been wreaking havoc on friends, neighbors, and coworkers. Whatever it is, I have mixed feelings. My waistline needs it; however, my mental sanity that requires a daily dose of chocolate joy needs that brownie! What am I going to do? P.S. Air conditioning in sunny car+cold desert winter wind=the ability to comfortably wear a hoodie or favorite sweater P.S.S winter in AZ=ripening citrus...just in time for us to leave, go figure. P.S.S.S. Didn't you love using P.S. on the notes you passed in school? Brylin came home doing the little songs, chants, and hand slaps that she has been doing with her little girl friends at school, so cute!

5 comments:

Brandie said...

You must be ill. I thought you only ate chocolate. hehe! I need a moving day count down on your side bar! Can't wait!

Jason and Katy Edwards said...

Oh, Candice. This is troubling! You really should think about going to see a cocologist. They specialize in this rare, but frightening turn of events. Take it seriously. Once the Chocolate is gone, I hate to think what might come next!

Cale and Cortney said...

Candice, you are so dang cute and (LOL) funny! What a great man to make brownies. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.

Stu and Kaycee Fillmore said...

Don't you love how blogs connect you with old friends! Thanks for your fun post and great example. We'll keep in touch...

Doty Family said...

95% still leaves that 5% chance. Are you trying for little bun???? Strange thing indeed!!