Saturday, September 06, 2008

A Sign...

Long ago when we were young, thin, and even more poor than we currently are, we would spend many date nights watching a rented movie, much cheapier than they currently are. We would both comfortably snuggle on our couch. Well, we've been reviving the movie date tradition but have discovered an unpredicted complication. We both no longer fit comfortably on the couch. Thank goodness we bought a hide-a-away. A thick sleeping bag and we are back to our snuggling bliss. However, last night we received a sign. We've been discussing improving our eating habits and made the goal to start soon as we dished up pieces of Paisley's delectable chocolate barbie cake with scoops of Blue Bell icecream, chocolate and cookies and cream. I climbed onto our hideway and made myself comfy in the corner. Bryce plopped himself to the side of me when the foot of the couch bed came 2 feet of the floor and the couch tried to eat us both. After an undeniable snicker, Bryce quickly repositioned himself and began eating his scrumptious treat with disdane written all over his face. I, on the other hand, laughed myself to tears. It was hysterical! He did not think it was funny, I think it is a sign. Bring on the healthy food....

4 comments:

Tyson & Josie +4 said...

Wow I haven heard from you in who knows how long:) Isnt the internet amazing!!! You have such a cute little family:) Time does fly doesnt it. I m amazed when I see pictures of people I havent seen in years they are married, they have kids, and some of them are on their 2nd or 3rd marriage (LOL). Its crazy how fast time flies. I hope you are well.

Josie

Shy said...

Ha ha!!! I love a good funny story every now and again!!! Isn't one of the joys of marriage growing fat together as well as old!!! I'm enjoying it that's for sure :)

Jami & Mark said...

You have BLUE BELL ICE CREAM in Arizona? Are you sure it wasn't Blue Bunny? I miss that ice cream....the size of my rear doesn't, but I do! For your sake, I hope it was Blue Bell, nothing like that ice cream before you go healthy! Love the story btw!

The King Family said...

That is too funny. I say, eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we might die. :) Yes, I should take on your new healthy food habits. It's amazing what happens to your body when you get older. AND, even more amazing when you can actually afford to eat a little better because we aren't in school anymore that we take advantage of it. Gotta love it!