Sunday, September 21, 2008

My Favorite Sunday

As we left church today, I was fighting tears and when I started talking to Bryce on the way home I was crying. I know this is a teeny bit dramatic, but we are missing the primary program in sacrament meeting. Seriously, my favorite Sunday of the year. Brylin always waves at us at least 30 times and this would be Paisley's first one. We always practice every night before bed time for weeks before the big day so they can memorize their parts, no point this time. I wanted to watch them practice next week but it is my Sunday to teach Relief Society. When I was questionning bailing on the lesson everyone just stared at me like, you've got to be kidding?! So, I was crying. I will see them practice during Sunday school but that's it. At least we will be enjoying cool, crisp fall air in Utah and the beautiful fall leaves all weekend instead of enduring the heat for one hour of kids wiggling in their seats, being silly during songs, and making parents proud along with an intense dose of the Spirit that accompanies the seeds of testimony planted in the hearts of primary children. The thing I love the most about our weekly church adventures is definitely primary. Here is the conversation in our van after I started crying: Brylin: Mom, why are you crying? Mom: Just talking to Daddy. ---A pause while everyone is quiet--- Paisley: Mom, you're beautiful. Mom: Thank you Paisley, I love you. Paisley: Mom, I love your hair. Brylin: I agree with what she said. Mom: I love you girls. I am so glad I have such a great family.

6 comments:

Brandie said...

I'm sorry you will miss it. Ours is next week and we love the program. The kids have their parts memorized a first for us we will see if it lasts in front of the whole congregation.

Anonymous said...

ah that is so sweet how they were cheering you up!! i love the sweet nothings kids come up with!! :)

Megan Guymon said...

Wow, it was nice to see the primary program through someone else's eyes! It has been alittle bit of a stress to me the last month or so...tired kids, sick of singing and sitting for too long. It always turns out so nice even when the practices are crazy! I do love primary, can't imagine being anywhere else right now. Deffinately not teaching RS...YIKES!

Kristi said...

Your kids are so cute!

The Geiser Family said...

Ditto on the last comment. I am trying to hard to get it all just right and it is not even mine. The spirit does it all. It is always amazing and perfect and I am so sad that you and your family will not be there. Next year. We will make it work. Thank you for being such and awesome mom : )

The King Family said...

That is so dang sweet!