Sunday, September 21, 2008

My Chair

When we started having babies, I really wanted a rocking chair. We inherited a chair from my sister that she had inherited from her husbands grandparents so we never purchased one. Eventually the old rocker quit rocking, probably had something to do with the bolts we kept finding on the floor around it. Anyway, when Paisley was a newborn we found a nice rocking recliner for a good price. Good for me right? Sort of. I do have "kicking people out" authority but I am pretty sure the imprint in the seat is a combination of two little girl bums side by side and a big daddy hiney. However, that has officially changed. A new man calls the chair home and you best be ready for fight if you try to keep him out of it. And don't even be thinking you can just move him or you are going to hear it! The smile is the deal breaker, he wins.

3 comments:

Jennifer Pfaff said...

How cute is he?!?

The Geiser Family said...

I love your story and the happy picture: )

McKelle said...

Isn't that just the life of a mom? Everything that was mine is now theirs! I'm sure, like you, I wouldn't have it any other way! That smile would get me too!