Thursday, September 18, 2008
Tired but Tagged
Tonight I am tired. I was not planning to blog but when I was fulfilling my lurking addiction, this tag made me smile. Thanks Nicole. I have a dirty kitchen slapping me in face and I needed a good diversion!
1.Did you date someone from your school?
I don't think any of them wanted to date me, but that's okay, no regrets.
2.What kind of car did you drive?
My parents van (forest green with a big long hood, definitely flawed design), my grandparents blue subaru, and finally my little white saturn aka the toaster.
3. Did you pass your driver's license test on the first try?
Of course. However, I was involved in an accident at 15 after changing the water in the farm truck and stopping by the Station for some ice cream. Some foreign idiots decided to blow through C town at 65, the speed limit was 40. They went screeching around me, ran off the road, and took out a stop sign. The passenger was apologetic for the speeding and having no clutch, the driver was screaming profanities in some other language. They left the scene and I stood there and cried. Some people from Vegas watched it from their front porch and told me to go home. We hid the truck in the haystack incase they came back through looking for revenge...so funny now.
4. Were you a party animal?
Ha ha ha. Quite the contrary. Squeaky clean.
5. Were you considered a flirt?
Um, I was boy crazy but I doubt anyone ever knew. Good old journals. I am tempted to burn them.
6. Were you in a band, orchestra, choir?
I couldn't carry a tune to save my life.
7. Were you a nerd?
Probably.
8. Were you on any varsity teams?
Drill Team, Volleyball...great memories. I love student council too.
9. Did you get suspended/expelled?
I was too busy to bother with being in trouble.
10. Can you still sing the fight song?
The first few lines but it's a blur after that. I can see the cheerleaders with pom poms on the gym floor...you go girls.
11. Who were your favorite teachers?
Mrs. Seegmiller hands down. I actually learned something from her. Mr. Larsen and Mr. Bagley were fun though.
12. Where did you sit during lunch?
At a lunch table. Lunch was usually good and free.
13. What was your school's full name?
Umm...
14. School mascot and colors?
....aren't these the type of security question my bank uses?
15. Did you go to Homecoming?
The only homecoming dance I can remember was after a wrestling tournament. The tournament went over, until 11:30 PM. The dance was a total flop.
16. If you could go back and do it all again, would you?
I would do a lot of things differently. Mostly, relax and enjoy being a kid, try harder where it mattered to me, and appreciate sleeping in more. I would worry less about hair, clothes, and boys and focus on living to enjoy not just impress. I might actually try learning instead of just passing tests.
17. What do you remember most about graduation?
Ours was only 45 minutes long. I said the opening prayer and was the first, probably the only girl, to chuck my cap. I was so glad to be out of there and it was seriously liberating. I think I went home and slept, no parties. Bummer.
18. Where did you go your senior skip day?
California. I loved the beach, but hated the bus ride.
19. Were you in any clubs?
Honors Society, Upward Bound...it paid $40 a month too.
20. Have you gained some weight since then?
Okay, this question is crossing the line. What do you think?
21. Who was your prom date?
Scott Nebeker, I think he had a worse time than I did. He didn't get my door and I shut my dress in it. It was slushy rain and I had a frozen chunk of muddy triangle on the back. Thank you Nathan Whittaker for helping me rinse it off in the water fountain before going in. Then, when we went to leave his locks had frozen shut on his truck. Thank heavens I wore a jacket because we stood out in the cold watching everyone else leave while he insisted he could get them open. Finally, with only one truck and the chaperones vehicles left, I went for help. Even Mr. Donohoe couldn't get them open, so I caught us a ride. They took me home and I am not sure what he did. I won't even tell you about the date, especially our lives almost ending on Bear Valley in the snow, the whole day was a bust. Prom, shrom.
22. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion?
Only 3 people attended so I am not feeling bad about missing it.
23. Did you have a job while in high school?
Several, I worked as a custodian at the high school in the summer painting ceilings, mowing lawns, and scrubbing urine, rotten chocolate milk, and stinky sweat out of boys lockers while having bats fly in my face. I also worked for C town trimming trees and weed eating around headstones, I loved that job. Finally, I worked stocking shelves and as a cashier at Stan's Merc. I still miss the bagged candy, the crumbs at the end of the box of peanut butter treats were uncomparable on ice cream! Oh, the good old days! My favorite was working on the farm with the cows. Why the heck are we raising our kids in the city?!?
Funny, most of the people I associate with I don't know much about their high school experience, so fill me in if you have time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
The good old journals.....I still have mine...somewhere at my parent's house. What memories those contain. Sounds like Prom wasn't ah...good...I had no idea your date was like that. Funny how those things can make us laugh now...Oh and yes I was an ugly duckling...Do you remember my 80's hair do? WHOA!!!!
Candice- Seriously how did you have time to do this quiz??? Oh-yeah, it was in the middle of the night!!! Jen
I love your blog Sister Blood!! I hope you do not mind me checking our your amazing, awesome, and funny stories. Your kids are so precious, I am proud of your family. I loved your quiz. It made me think about my high school. Your amazing!
Oh this brings back so many memories!! Good 'ol upward bound!! I still have scrapbook pics from our summer in Ephraim. ha ha!! I don't think you have gained an ounce since high school! You look exactly the same!! BRAT!! Seriously you look sooo good!! You always had such a cute shape! Thanks for the tips on teaching Dax to read. He is really enjoying it. I hope he always loves to learn. I'm pretty lucky. He is a great kid. Your kids are so cute! I am getting pretty involved with lots of the kids from around here since I've been in the primary. I've been the primary chorister for almost 2 years now! LOVE IT!! There are still a lot of great kids here in good ol Piute Co!!
Post a Comment