Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Nine Years Already!?!

Happy Anniversary Bryce! We were married 9 short years ago, yet sometimes it feels like we've never known life without each other. In 9 years we've lived in 3 apartments, 1 house, and a guest house. We've lived in 3 states and attended 3 universities. We've welcomed three beautiful children into our family and have made at least a million good memories. I asked Bryce if he has any regrets and he said, "No, we've learned from all that we've experienced." I, on the other hand, said "Yes, I would do so many things differently." I guess I need to learn to appreciate my mistakes more, I think that will be eaiser when I stop making so many. Honestly, we live a pretty charmed life. A friend's daughter watched the kids today while we did sealings at the temple. We both kept trying not to laugh remembering our wedding day. Bryce said yes at least five times before he was suppose to. He was so eager to marry me, if he'd only known what he was getting himself into. We thought it was ironic that they sealed both sons and daughters to their parents and many of the couples we performed the sealings for were from Argentina (where Bryce served his mission). We've struggled a bit adjusting to the city culture and it was so nice to be in a place where so many people are so friendly and glad to see you. We obviously need to attend the temple more so we can find more peace in this circus we've created. Here is a recent photo from Bryce's birthday. The sealers wife asked us if it was our first anniversary, ya'll may remember but we were much younger and skinnier when we got married. May be that's why our first bishopric thought we were brother and sister... I love you Bryce. Thank you for being such a good dad and for your patience with me. You always make me feel loved and I appreciate all you do for our family. Our circus, I really wanted this picture in MSU shirts but we couldn't get to the store before they were taking them so it is more of a random professional snapshot with bully.

3 comments:

Lacy said...

so sweet! is that your guys dog? If it is it must be that Doc in them because my bro has one of those dogs. someone needed to give him away because he has a problem with his heart so Brett said he would take him.

The Morrills said...

Thanks so much for your nice comment Candice!! Your family is so darn cute! I'm glad things are going well for you!! You have really cute kids! I haven't seen you forever! You look just the same! Haven't changed at all! Still as beautiful and skinny as ever!! Your girls look just like you!

The King Family said...

Your family is so cute! And 9 years? Wow! That is a long time. I find it hard to believe we have been married over 11. Crazy! We are getting OLD!