Tuesday, January 06, 2015

An Ordinary Morning

I have been having an ordinary day and thought I might write about it. Bryce and I were talking the other day and even with some of the stressful decisions we are currently facing, we decided we have a pretty good life. At the moment, an adorable one year old was just feeding me her string cheese and jabbering in my ear. Does it get any better than that?

As the morning dawned we could hear the girls rustling downstairs, we knew the morning was looming. Thankfully they set their own alarm and get themselves dressed before coming upstairs. They don't disturb us until 7. Hallelujah! Especially considering Tycee was restless last night and I think I was up 5 times with in her in addition to both Channa and Brant coming in for something, I can't really remember what. Bryce stumbled into the shower and I into the kitchen to work on breakfast and lunches. I tried a new breakfast for us of fried eggs on a toasted, buttered english muffin with cheddar cheese. It was easy and they all liked it, score for mom! Brylin had mercy on me and made her own lunch. Paisley asked yesterday if she could eat the school's orange chicken for lunch so I just had to throw together a turkey sandwich and wash a few grapes for Brant. Bryce took Brylin to school and checked on a dog at the office before coming home to eat. I woke Brant and braided Paisley's hair. I wrote their names on their new basketballs so they could take them to school and finally lay back on the couch.

I was so grateful the little girls were still asleep and lay on the couch hoping for a tiny nap. I heard a cute baby Tycee voice. I made the ever vital decision to shamelessly give her a bottle of milk (we are trying to wean her and have only been giving her water) and climbed back in my bed. I heard Channa moving about but she was quiet. I snoozed for awhile before I heard Tycee yelling Mama...Mama...Dad...Dad...and then crying MAMA. I forced myself to wake up and went to get her. She pointed at the window and said "look" for the first time. I smiled and carried her over to look at the dogs. I swear she even tried to say "winnnow."

As I changed a bursting poopy diaper and called for Channa, she came up the stairs explaining "I was just playing barbies. I didn't want to wake you up so you wouldn't be grumpy." She knows me too well.

As I was eating my breakfast finally Channa and Tycee ate grapes. Channa asked me to itch her back. She was covered in hives! What? She had what looked like a few bug bites after church and they were still there yesterday, but there were more and worse today, even on her forehead. Ugh!

As I dosed her with benadryl Tycee wanted banana. I sliced some in a cup and she yelled no and hit them away because she wanted it whole. Finally she took them, ate half and gave them back. I talked to Bryce about Channa and just as I hung up work called. I needed to print off some papers for them.

Channa asked to paint my nails as I was setting on the kitchen floor with the computer. She washed my old polish off and attempted a couple different colors, encompassing much of each nail and the skin around. She even got some in her eye, on her face, and in her hair. Finally she asked to do my hands instead. I worked with one hand, had her painting the fingers on the other hand, and watched as Tycee emptied my purse completely enraptured by receipts, and cards. And then she discovered my hidden stash of butter rum lifesavers so she fought to open them for about 5 minutes. Every time I asked if she wanted help she yelled "NO!" emphatically. She finally came close enough I made her scream by snatching them but giving her one back appeased her.

Tycee pointed and asked for something in the kitchen. I realized she was looking at the ipod and asked if she wanted music, she giggled and nodded yes. She has been dancing around, my favorite is when she stands and pops her leg like Elvis. I had intended to do housework but as I type this a cute 4 year old is asking me to paint her toes with flowers. First things first I guess. "Mom, please tell me you're done..." I guess I am. A messy house but a very, very good life.

No comments: