We have always taken the bink away when our babies were about 8 months old and our kids started playing with them. Channa was sick with RSV and a double ear infection at this age so we let her keep it.
Between teething and needing tubes in her ears as well as a heavy dose of spoiled and stubborn. She kept it...and kept it...and still has it! When she finds one she will giggle and cheer, then promptly pop it in her mouth.
Seriously, it is so hard to take it away from this sweet little face. Her dad would blame it on me but guess what I had her say to get her to look at me for a picture "Dah-dee." Guess what she says when you say "I love my..." You got it, "Dah-dee." And what was her first sentence "Momma, where Daddy?" What does she say to me atleast 10 times a day "Bryce" or "Where Bryce?" Yes, she has him whipped and he has her brainwashed.
{Mama's girl Channa! MOMMY'S GIRL! I am only midly bitter}
She doesn't really put two in her mouth, I just do it to tease her and she thinks it is hilarious!
She will share one for a second, then take it out of your mouth with her teeth. Her dad has taught her to go put it in her bed and most of the time she will or she will sob because she wants it. I can't say I mind the convenience of a plug to quiet her at church or in the car but I am hoping someday she won't cry like you stole her birthday when she can't find it in her bed at night!

1 comment:
Just so you know I think I was around four before I finally gave my bink up. And I remember doing it. My mom and dad made me throw it out the window and they gave me a pack of gum for it. When the gum was gone I wanted the bink back. It was sad but probably a good thing..
Post a Comment