Monday, April 11, 2011

Our first experience pruning a fruit tree with only directions from ehow.com and our sweet bishop who felt pity on us and stopped to inspect our work. He gave us the confidence to cut the biggest branch in the middle out. Our neighbor later told us they have lived here for 6 years and it hadn't been pruned in at least that long. If it dies, at least Brett will have plenty of wood for his new smoker. I wish I had a before picture.

Channa slept through the first half while I helped. I decided I couldn't blame Bryce if it went bad if I helped too much so I just kept her from eating dirt while he finished.

She is so BUSY, STUBBORN, and PERSISTENT, I handed her off as soon as he was done. Whew.

The kids did a great job helping Bryce collecting the branches as they fell {Brylin even took one to the head}. Once they were done they were playing and came up with this idea for a fort. I only helped them tie the jump rope on the first few branches, they did the rest by themselves.

Brant trying it out.

Brylin in her element.

Paisley, rarely has she not been photogenic.

I don't think it was done at this point, but they all fit inside.

Proof that I was there; however, I really need to get the camera out when I actually do my hair and put makeup on someday.

1 comment:

Shy said...

You and your little family are so cute! I love reading your updates. Always so fun to read :)