Thursday, March 03, 2011

Perfect

Someone once said to me that babies are selfish. I don't think they could have been more wrong. I can not believe 10 months have passed since our Channa made her debut in the world. She has grown and changed every day. Seriously, I swear I could see a difference from one day to the next! I am not going to try and catch up on all the details I have missed but here is a little snapshot of this week!

Enjoy her sweetness!

...she is always at the end of her crib peering up at you with huge grins when you open the door, she is good to play in her crib for awhile but will definitely let you know when she is ready for someone to get her OUT...

...she has been army crawling for a month or so now and while she can get up on her hands and knees she is quick enough slithering along she hasn't progressed to a true crawl yet or may be it's that she can usually sucker someone into picking her up before she has the chance...

...she loves music and dances with her whole body, her brother loves Train's Hey Soul Sister and she gets so happy when she hears it come on...

...for the longest time she would only kiss her mom but nowadays she has big, open mouth, slobber kisses with sound effects for the whole family, she just started blowing kisses this week too (really she just kisses the back of her hand and smiles)...

...she is just barely pulling herself up and loves to play in the dishwasher, she isn't too sturdy yet and she was making me nervous that she was going to fall on the corner of the door, not to mention they always seem to go for the knives first...

...you can see a part of a wave for her dad! I have been trying to teach her to wave forever. Finally when I had Tessa out shoveling snow and Paisley had her in the window I turned and waved at her. She was so excited she couldn't help herself and started waving like crazy. She hasn't stopped since! Today I swear she even said hi while she waved...

...at one time she was by far the best baby food eater of all of our children but she is becoming more insistent about feeding herself and eating what we are eating, all together making a huge mess...

...we love you c...you will always be our channa bo bana...

8 comments:

Kristi Rowley said...

She is so cute! Her smile is contagious!

Sorensen Family said...

So cute! I can't believe how fast she has grown!

Jennifer Pfaff said...

She is beautiful! Look at those gorgeous blue eyes! I sure miss your little family! I hope you are all doing well!

Cally said...

That picture of her crawling is so cute! She is beautiful! You have some super cute kiddos!

the Tonioli's said...

I love this post! It reminds me that I need to do better at capturing those everyday moments that shoe each kids own unique personality. Plus, I love getting to know abnout your sweet little ones. I will always love and adore your family.

loriallen said...

Thanks for comin' on over to our crazy family blog :) You are super sweet! Dang your babes are delectible! They are so cute! I love your take on babies. I was taught that in a child psych class. It's garbage. We are the experts, not them. We have the spirit and the deep deep love for them that no "expert" could understand! If they did, they wouldn't believe that garbage either :)

Brandie said...

She is growing so fast I can't stand it!!

Jason and Katy Edwards said...

Wow! Another beautiful girl. She is just precious. Hope you're all doing well!