Ever since our first snow storm after moving back to Utah, the kids have been begging to make a snowman. We've never been able to get the snow to stick together. Rather, I've never been able to get it to stick together. Playing outside in the cold and snow isn't really Bryce's thing.
I told the girls IF we got our list of chores done we could go outside to play. We finished just before it got dark and colder. Being the wise and practical mother that I am, we put on our gear and headed outdoors.
Brant was so excited to play in the snow! Really he was; then he took a nap. I woke him up and made him go outside with us. He was freezing because he refused to wear his nice hat or his gloves or a scarf. He was furious I put snow boots on him and proceeded to serenade us with his lovely, powerful lungs.
The girls had to make snow angels!
The snow was so deep I think they had a hard time moving their arms and legs!
After 30 minutes of me patting the snowman together one handful at a time Brant decided the whole adventure was a good idea! At this point I had said several swear words (mostly under my breath of course) and was wishing I had thought to wear more than a hoodie and fleece gloves.
The girls loved every minute (despite their grouchy family members)! I cherish the rare occasion when they actually get along.
Our Frosty turned out quite adorable. Brylin kept asking me to climb the tree to get him some arms and the oreos didn't last too long but I love that he stayed upright until Christmas Eve when he hunched forward until it looks like he is bowing. They don't believe me but I keep telling the kids that our Frosty knew the true meaning of Christmas!

4 comments:
That's awesome! Glad we didn't get that much. I know what you mean about the hoodie and fleece gloves! I did the same thing!
Hey, I saw your question about the Time Out for Women. I am planning on going this year. We are planning to buy tickets in April, so just after taxes, when everyone can afford it a little better. If you need me to get one for you, let me know. I would be happy too!
I love you & your beautiful fam. So glad you're back on the web.
I hate playing in the snow too! I just send my kids out and tell them to go for it. You are a better mom than me! And I LOVE the diet coke post!
Thanks so much we are so excited! I will for sure be posting pictures of everything I hope to be getting more organized! YOur family is getting bigger it look like what a sweet little girl! I hope all is well with you guys!
Post a Comment