Thursday, January 27, 2011

Discovered

{Channa enduring our nebulizer which happens to look like a penguin and is named "Breatha"}

The other day I discovered my shirt was on backwards.

I was at work. My shirt was rubbing uncomfortably against my neck. I either had to leave it knowing it was the type with no tag and that it would bug the garbage out of me or change it in the freezing cold work bathroom.

When I was getting ready for bed that night I was so glad to get that backwards shirt off!

How could I have put it on that way in the first place? Better yet, why was it that way all day!?!

May be it was because I was rushing out the door to take Brant and Channa to the doctor.

Last Wednesday Brylin had missed two days of school with no improvement and I had determined she had to go to the doctor before I even thought of sending her back.

Strep.

All the kids hadn't been perfectly well and by Friday (backwards shirt day) I guessed Brant and Channa needed the doctor too. I soon discovered that while you haul your first baby to the doctor for even thinking of coughing, by the fourth baby you wait much too long.

I left with the diagnosis that Brant's throat was coated in ickiness and likely may have strep but no need to test because his sinus and ear infection meritted antibiotics. Channa had a double ear infection and either asthma or RSV, hard to know at her age because the symptoms are the same. And, after describing Paisley's unbecoming symptoms we realized she had been dealing with a strange, uncomfortable form of strep as well.

To top it off, Bryce had a pounding headache and clogged sinuses too. And I had to go to work.

By the time I arrived home, I never had the chance to change.

I didn't feel so bad about my backward shirt, I was well enough to care for my family. And with the modern medicine available none of their illnesses were life threatening. Although Bryce swears the pain he endures when using sinus sprays could be a form of midevil torture. He also discovered his sinuses miraculously heal themselves after one dose fearing he might use it again.

All in all, just another day to be grateful.

Stay away illness. We are done with you.

(And, yes, I bought a very large container of Clorox wipes)

2 comments:

bhblood said...

Just get everyone better before our cousin weekend! We want to be able to play this time! Can't wait to see you guys! One week and counting down the days....

brett said...

Candice, your hair is SO cute!
I know how you feel-we have all been sick for 2 weeks. It sucks!
Where do you work?
This is Nat-not Brett, by-the-way.