When I was growing up I distinctly remember our elementary school's harvest day vegetable creation displays. I don't remember anything I made or even if I did, but I remember walking by each table soaking in the creativity of art made from food. Our girls are attending a new elementary this year and this evening was the fall festival/carnival. Considering the wiggle room in our budget is less than zero and weighing how badly I wanted them to create something, I decided we could do it with only the resources we already have. I must say, even I was surprised at how well our bug collections turned out! The girls seemed to have a lot of fun and so did I!
{Brylin}
{Paisley}
Brant was mad he didn't get to make bugs but I chased him down to get a picture of him in the girls bucket. He was a drum and kept hitting himself on the head making drum noises. I wish I were so easily entertained. (Not that I wouldn't make bugs with him but he tends to dominate the situation and it was the girl's time. Not to mention his strong will and determination to do what he wants when he wants aren't always conducive to using a hot glue gun.)
Since the kids were wearing costumes to the festival, I thought I might include a little Halloween preview! They were sooo excited to try on their costumes for the first time. We've been working on them for over a month now and I am so relieved to be done. Channa's isn't homemade, but I didn't want her to be left out so I started digging and found Paisley's Ute's cheer costume, its a 2T with rolled sleeves but she looked pretty darn cute!
I often have to drag Brant kicking and screaming to get him to do things, like putting on his costume. He was so proud of himself after he had it on and kept doing the cutest things. He would say random lines to me like "Hey Buzz give me a boost" or "Somebodies toys (toys=poisoned) in the water hole!" and on the way out he was singing "He's the rootiness tootiness cowboy in the hi-ho west...Woody's Roooound Up." He doesn't always get the words right (wild wild west) but he can sure sing the tune!

1 comment:
Cute costumes! I love the creations. I was just telling my friends about the harvest day at elementary. I loved that! I wish we would do something like that here. Such good memories.
Post a Comment