Tuesday, March 10, 2009

You're Always on My Mind

Tick-a-dooooo. (Translation from Brant to English=peekaboo.) I feel like the sister who ran off to play something else leaving her little sister giggling with anticipation hidden in a quite conspicuous location. The giggling has stopped and the memory of fun lost when she realizes nobody is searching for her. Not that this has ever happened at our house. (Ha!) Who would have known that Mom's have to watch for peekaboo abandoners. I am still in the game, just distracted, I promise. I'll leave you with stories of Paisley super-ultra-power nose. Part I I lay snoozing on the nest of blankets carefully crafted by small children, the after lunch lull was too much for me. Dr. Blood walked in the house to find Paisley sitting quietly in the recliner above me, her attention swallowd by meaningless animation. He scoops her up and plants a daddy sized kiss on her cheek. "Dad, do you know that animals stink?" The blob of mom on the floor is shaking with chuckles. Slightly exasperated but with a sly grin her dad inquires, "Really Pais. Does Daddy smell like an animal?" "A pig probably." The afternoon groginess was completely erased by the brashness of my exact nose replicated in a beautiful, never offensive four year old. Part II On Fridays we get to pick up Brylin at lunch time, I love to feel like we are stealing her for the day. Bryce usually has lunch around this time and rides with us. I had stepped out of the van to run an errand. This is the conversation relayed to me upon my return. "Something smells like a cow in here." "It's Daddy." "Well, you better take a shower before we go to Grandma Jackies cause I don't think she is going to like that cow smell."

You have to know Bryce's mother spent the last 30 years of her life cursing the smell of cows to really appreciate this story.

A little girl with vision beyond her years. The risks of having your Dad be a veterinarian. I wonder how she will feel about cleaning dog kennels later....gag.

7 comments:

Doty Family said...

I HAVE MISSED YA, GIRL!! I had seriousley considered sending out a search party to find you. Good to hear from you. Cute Paisley. I don't envy her and the dog kennels in her future! Yuck! Although, I do the love the smell of cows, reminds me of home! Don't be a stranger!

Doty Family said...

I HAVE MISSED YA, GIRL!! I had seriousley considered sending out a search party to find you. Good to hear from you. Cute Paisley. I don't envy her and the dog kennels in her future! Yuck! Although, I do the love the smell of cows, reminds me of home! Don't be a stranger!

Shy said...

Ha ha! My dad always smelt like animals, but he wasn't a vet...well, not an official one anyway :)

Sarah said...

So cute! Lol.

Jennifer Pfaff said...

Tara always tells Jimmy he smells like money. :) (Cause that's how he makes his living, smelling like animal crap.) We sure miss you!! I'm glad your back to blogging!!!

The Geiser Family said...

I do miss you and your smile and your spirit. I have been hiding in the closet but only I was playing tick-a-dooooo. No one looked for me until they needed me. I wasn't gone long. It usually begins when I sit down to type. It is a wonderful feeling a fantastic blessing to always be discovered and never abandoned. Your stories make me smile.

Jami & Mark said...

Ha! Luv it! Your kids are hilarious! I appreciate the Grandma Jackie comment =0).