Friday, January 09, 2009

For A Designer

My friend Jill took a trip around the world last summer. I met her at little old USU where we worked together. She is amazingly talented and recently finished her master's degree at the New York School of Interior Design. She now works as a designer in New York. Her blog is full of impeccable style and uncanny humor. Her new design blog is just as delightful. Check her out here and here.
She inspired me to post pictures of a few new and old additions to our home.
Sorry I am too lazy to download camera pictures.
My computer is vintage and doesn't handle the photo size very well and my internet service is sporadic so the downloads interrupt.
I had to use my phone.
A few of the pictures didn't come through on the email but "you get what you get and you don't get upset." {Pinkalicious by ? read for bed time stories tonight}
Our rental house is on the Uintah Co historic registry. It was built in 1917 and I am pretty sure much of it's original architecture is still intact. This is the archway in our living/family rooms. You can also see the awesome ceilings and the transums (?spell) above the doorways throughout the house. As Bryce's grandma calls them, the air conditioning from her childhood. {We have an original one from the house she grew up in to hang on our wall} The light fixtures are also antique and the stained glass window still exists in the front window as well as the original doorknobs.
These beautiful antique dressers were free from my dad. He came across them and couldn't stand to give them away so we {inherited} them. I am not sure where they came from orginally but they are in great condition and I am going to do a little research to find out the history of the cabinet maker Athens Furniture in Pennsylvania.
Bright colors, yes. They are as red as red gets but they are microfiber and after 3 hours of vaccuming and removing the tags off one, they are nearly brand new! As far as we know they've never been in a home, just storage. Another free find from my dad. How lucky are we!?!
We collected these precious gifts over the years and I couldn't help but throw this one of them in. Last night Brylin told me I was an awesome cook and that I should have my own cooking show. My reply, "I'd rather stay home and be your mom."

6 comments:

Doty Family said...

You gotta love freebies! How are you liking that freezing weather???

Jill said...

Oh Candice. You're so sweet. Thanks for thinking of me! Your place looks so great, and those dressers are lovely. And you're three treasures (kiddos) are the cutest around.

I'm so glad you put up some pictures of your place. Its really amazing to see places that have not had major work done on them, it makes it that much better to live there.

p.s. I'm lucky that you are one of a few people that think I'm funny. :)

Megan Guymon said...

Awesome! I love free stuff and free stuff that is in great condition and really cool, even better! I love the dressers. Hope you are loving being back in Utah! Cold...cold...cold! Cute kids too!

Lacy said...

i love the desser just send them my way. That is so fun to finally be in Utah. I hope all is working out.

The Geiser Family said...

Tell me what part you are in again. I have a friend that moved to UT last year and you two would be great together : ) Right now she is near SLC... They are also in a rental "looking" for the one!

StubbsFamily said...

It is funny or sad that your kids have lived in more states than I have?
Your house looks amazing. I love old homes, they have so much character!
Are you guys here fo good now?