Sunday, December 14, 2008
Fear Factor Christmas 2008
For some it is is cockroaches, spiders, snakes, heights, or water, not us, now playing at the Blood Family Circus is a special holiday episode. Thoughts of fruitcake or eggnog put our mom into orbit--the rest of us can handle all holiday joy, it's the jolly that pushes us over the edge. At the ward Christmas party as soon as Santa's sleigh bells were in earshot Brylin was in Dad's lap frowning full force with alligator tears rolling. She was emphatic, "I am not going to see him." Brant and Paisley were like lambs to a slaughter, they didn't have a clue what was coming.
Soon, Brylin had a change of heart. A stocking of chocolate, yoyo, puzzle, and the old fashioned plastic writing board that erases when you lift up the plastic won her over. She did surprise her mother with some new toy to ask for, we still haven't quite figured out what it is (every mother's fear). The anxiety for Paisley started to penetrate as we neared the door way to Santa's room. She was ready to bolt, holding back the tears, until we promised Santa would allow her to simply stand next to him (posing for a picture for mom of course). Brant was all smiles, flirting with the little girls in line sharing hugs and kisses (overly excited about girls already) but when he saw the big guy in red, he lost it. Regardless of how much he loves our Santa ornament, regularly carrying it around with a happy ho ho ho, the big guy is down right frightening.
Good thing they are cute enough for Santa to bring them toys anyway. Dad won the prize, he made it the whole evening without his pager going off! Mom was a close second, look at these memories...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Look at how cute those little Bloods are! I can't believe how fast time flies by and how big the kids are getting. I love the new pictures you put on here. We need to see more pictures of Candice, Bryce! You let her pose once in a while! Hope your Holidays are going good! Where are you guys currently? Email me your current address!
I love your pictures of santa and your kids to the side. I was looking at the Santa ones and I always get so sad when I see santa and I know it isn't Bryce's uncle from Angle. I can't remmebr his name right now to save me. Travis dad) Anyway sorry about that but he use to be our santa when I was in grade school and when we had out program on Christmas eve at the school. He was my Favorite santa ever. He would run in and dance with the kids and one year I was in heaven when he danced with me. I will never forget that but i am always disapointed when I see a santa and it is not him. Have a merry Christmas. are you guys moving to Utah???
Hey there! I just noticed you commented on my blog. Sorry. I keep threatening to go private but I'm still deciding if that's what I want to do. But, I will add you to my list just in case I do! It's nice to see your cute family!
Post a Comment