Thursday, August 21, 2008
Any suggestions...
...on camping with kids? Bryce and I haven't really camped together in several years since we have lived in the humid, bug infested south on top of no money or time off school. I really don't know the last time we went camping and now we are braving tent camping with 3 kids. Not to mention, we will be in the mountains in Utah! We are so excited we can hardly stand it! However, I am bit nervous about what to pack. If you have any great suggestions about what has worked for your family please share. Brylin and Paisley's concern has been whether everyone in our camp will have a gun incase there is a bear they can shoot them. Little do they know how many guns will be at the "Blood Drive" and how happy the boys (and many of the girls) would be to shoot a bear. Stay away bear, I'm warning you, this is a fight you would not win...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
If you pack for warm weather it will be freezing- if you pack for cold weather it will be unbearably HOT. No matter what it will be a very dirty weekend! But we will have a lot of fun making memories no matter what! We are very excited to see you guys!
Candice
This is katie Snedeger I just wanted to reply on the comment you left on my blog. Don't worry you did not offend me. We actually have known about Gracie's condition since she was six months old. However glasses did not help her and so she had corrective eye Surgery August 1st. The pic on my blog was taken the day before her surgery. (I was a little worried about how long the redness/scaring would last and wanted to make sure I had her one year old pics taken.) As of right now Gracie's eyes are still straight but we will not know for another month wether they will be straight forever or not. The Dr. told us that the average surgery they do per child is 1.8 so the statistics are against us but we are hoping for the best. Although the surgery was not a big deal and we would do it again if it meant her eyes could be straight. Thanks for your concern I am so grateful for modern day medicine, the day after the surgery she started walking and her whole personality has changed.
We went camping last summer when Piper was 3 weeks old!! Absolute insanity, but we have taken our kids camping quite a few times. Lot's of hand sanitzer and baby wipes!!! If you have one the pack and play is awesome because then you will be able to contain Brant a little bit if you need to. Have fun. I'm jealous!
lots of food is what I say and treats for the kids. I am all about the food! :)
haha thank you for the comment... yes his eyes are MORE than mischevious!! haha he sailed thru the "terrible" 2's... it's the 3's that are causing problems!!!!! haha
I absolutely love camping, especially with the kids. So, here is my major piece of advice. Have fun and don't worry about how dirty they are getting. I really can't give you any great advice on things to pack because don't you pretty much have to pack the whole house anytime you leave the house? Enjoy! Let me know how it went. I'm so excited for you.
Does Brant still use a binky? They are great for camping. If they have that in their mouth, then they can't eat as much dirt!
Post a Comment