I stood in our kitchen heating leftovers long after dinner is traditionally served. Brant was whining at my feet again. I was at the precipice every mother reaches, my limit.
I had a choice to make.
Anger or laughter.
With one arm straight in the air I called out "I am the mom bomb and this is my fuse." I slowly lowered it watching his eyes dance but being the indignant boy he is, the whining continued. Finally a smile flittering across his face betray him followed by a bursting giggle which was immediately ushered away with louder more persistent whining. What three year old boy can resist the sound and sight of his mother repeatedly yelling "Pekeeewwww?"
I was exploding.
I am not sure if it was working on my employers Quickbooks all day from home. My kindergartner hacking up a lung in the recliner. The laundry mountains. Brant whining all day long. The gazillion times I had to finger sweep Channa's mouth for a peanut (which broke in half and took two sweeps), various small toys, paper, a wrapper, and a raisin. Sisters fighting. Brant yelling. Stinky toilets. TV in general. Channa crying. Dishes that multiply in my sink. Christmas lights and nativity sets still in my living room.
Whatever it is, I made a decision.
Tonight I need to blog again. To see life twice. To remember.
Truthfully, not for you but for me.
Here's to the first post of many.
For me.
After Brylin's play we made our way home in the blizzard
The snow began the day before.
Followed by rain that melted most of it.
The snow persisted and we saw several more inches after
this measurement.
The snow plow had been down our road.
We had snow waist deep at the end of our driveway.
More snow had fallen off our roof which meant waist
deep snow at the other end too.
a neighbor I had never met showed up in his tractor to "play."
Bless him, bless him, bless him!
Snow adventures aside it was a day to celebrate. Good neighbors who clear our driveway, deliver homemade bread, fresh honey, and divine chocolates. As well as a husband who loves me enough to make me buy the nice, warm, practical boots that my feet love, especially when shoveling snow.

1 comment:
I think you should write a book! You are hilarious! Love the bomb, i might have to try it tonite when I go home to whining baby birds, saying feed me- feed me! AAAHHHHHH! Hope you're doing good!
Post a Comment